Monday, May 28, 2007

"Legend of the Butterfly"...

My sons, Travis and Tony, went to the wedding of a fellow worker this last Friday night. At the wedding they were handed a triangle shaped origami envelope that held a live butterfly, a painted lady! At a predetermined time during the wedding all of the butterflies were released! Since the guys know that I love butterflies, they brought home the wedding program with the following legend enclosed:
Legend of the Butterfly
"According to an American Indian Legend - If anyone desires a wish to come true they must first capture a butterfly and whisper that wish to it. Since the butterfly can make no sound, the butterfly cannot reveal the wish to anyone but the Great Spirit who hears and sees all. In gratitude for giving the beautiful butterfly its freedom, the Great Spirit always grants the wish. So, according to legend, by making a wish and giving the butterfly it's freedom, the wish will be taken to the heavens and be granted."

For the wedding the following words were added:

We have gathered to grant this couple all our best wishes and are about to set these butterflies free in trust that all these wishes will be granted.

Note: The butterflies were purchased from Fragrant Acres Butterfly Releases.

The butterfly pictures above was created by my mother, Phyllis Mae Richardson Fisher and is our butterfly mascot for out business, PJ's Corner Gift Shoppe.


Click Here to Visit BLOG VILLAGE

6 comments:

Sharon Lynne said...

That's a beautiful legend. I love watching butterflies! Once I saw a beautiful butterfly while walking in the mountains. I was feeling sad that day...and I sort of prayed/wished the butterfly would land on my hand. I held out my hand...very still...and it landed on it! Its just a small thing...but it encouraged me for the day!

I tried to vote for your blog, but for some reason it wouldn't let me give you a rating.

Unknown said...

Hi Cousin! Now I'm jealous that you have had a butterfly land on your hand. I have tried for years...that is a momentous event!!!

The Gatekeeper said...

Boy, you learn something new about your sister bloggers every day. That is a beautiful story. Hey, btw, Janey how are you. You haven't been hangin' with us for a while now.

Well, have a great day and week-end.

Unknown said...

Hi Lady Gatekeeper! I am in the middle of a couple of large projects for our business, so my time is limited for blogging as much as I would like! Thanks for dropping by and commenting.

Naomi said...

That's such a lovely story and a wonderful legend Janey. I have always loved butterflies.

Unknown said...

Me too, Naomi! I guess that is why all of our product designs have butterflies in them!!!






Provided by International Bible Society

Blog Carnivals...

Blog Village Quarterly Carnival
Fall Fest
October 29, 2007 England goes GONZO Carnival BLOG VILLAGE Carnival: Recreation