Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Pictures from the Past...

Something very close to my heart is family! I love the fact that all my mother's brothers and sisters are still alive and would love to get them all together for a family photo. But life has taken one back east, one to Texas, four are in Oregon and two live in California. The closest lately was when four attended the 4th of July picnic in Oregon last year! I will post that picture in the next post!! Four out of eight is not bad!!!
In this picture, these two little boys are my mother's older brothers, Walter and Ray. Ray is about a year older than Walter or "Babe" as I know him. I would love to know the names of the books they are carrying. Maybe a McGuffey Reader? This picture was taken when the family live in Arizona and it looks like it was taken right after school before both boys could get their shoes taken off and they could run in the desert! My love of kittens and the desert is hereditary!!!

Interesting Note: My grandfather's name was Walter Ray.

x 8!!!
(I have been able to keep up with at least 100 extra strokes a day!!!)



Click Here to Visit BLOG VILLAGE

4 comments:

Sharon Lynne said...

Cute photo! They had big families in those days didn't they? All those siblings!

My husband loves the desert too. Especially the Arizona desert (and the Utah desert) and a few areas in the California desert.

The Gatekeeper said...

Okay, looks like my comment never went up. So here it is one more time.

Nice photos, I love collecting of family photographs. So much history. We've been planning a family reunion also. My family lives in Australia, Holland, Indonesia and various parts of the US. Hard to get them all in one place.

Oh, and btw, you've been tagged. I know, you just gotta love me. I'll never be invited to the ranch now. Hehehehee. Here's the rules.

The rules are:
1.) Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.

2.) People who are tagged, write a blog post about their own 8 random things, and post these rules.

3.) At the end of your post you need to tag 8 people and include their names.

4.) Don't forget to leave them a comment and tell them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

So come read my 8 and I'll read yours. Hehehehee. Sorry!! Nice way to stay in touch though, isn't it?????

Naomi said...

Great post. I love this photo Janey. Thank you for sharing it with us. Big families were the norm in years gone by. My late grandmother was the eldest of 11 children!

Unknown said...

Hi Ladies!!! My mother's father was part of a large family too! There were nine siblings plus a baby girl that didn't live long at all.






Provided by International Bible Society

Blog Carnivals...

Blog Village Quarterly Carnival
Fall Fest
October 29, 2007 England goes GONZO Carnival BLOG VILLAGE Carnival: Recreation