Monday, February 04, 2008

Remembering Grandma & Grandpa...

With the family reunion less than two weeks away, the memories of my Grandma and Grandpa are flooding back...

...I loved their red house! I remember the window seat, and trying to go to sleep upstairs while looking at "Sneaky's Footprints" on the ceiling! He (really Grandma) would tie knots in my shoelaces! Glad it wasn't my hair. And the smell of breakfast waking me up in the morning! Delicious!!

...I remember running in the irrigation ditch on the edge of the pasture past an angry bull with three of my girl cousins!

I remember walking out into the alfalfa field with Grandpa and getting to eat my very first alfalfa bloom and trying to catch some little yellow kittens that hid in the hay stack while Grandpa was milking a cow...

...I remember the swing in the tree beside the driveway and the tree house that was above the swing and picking blackberries (I think they were blackberries, it was something with lots of tiny thorns) on the back of the white house...and going to the grocery store in Grandma and Grandpa's 1963 Chevy Corvair (my brother has the Corvair, now!) and being very careful beside the canal that ran swiftly through part of my grandparents property.

I have so many wonderful memories of Grandma and Grandpa...I miss them!

My mother painted this picture of her parent's home the year I was born. Grandma and Grandpa lived there for 28 years.

Promote Notes That Touch The Heart over in BLOG VILLAGE

4 comments:

Naomi said...

It's wonderful that you have such great memories of your grandparents Janey. I have wonderful memories of my grandparents too. I'm sure you're excited about your family reunion.

Unknown said...

I am mostly because my son's Travis and Tony will meet my brother and I at the reunion. I haven't seen my guys for about 6 months!

Jan said...

I hope my own grandchildren have the same wonderful memories of me that I have of my own grandparents.

Yay, you get to see T&T!!

Unknown said...

Hi Jan! I am sure your grandchildren are storing away those memories day by day!! Only 8 days and I will get to see TnT!!!






Provided by International Bible Society

Blog Carnivals...

Blog Village Quarterly Carnival
Fall Fest
October 29, 2007 England goes GONZO Carnival BLOG VILLAGE Carnival: Recreation